Friday, December 23, 2011

It's that time again..Merry Christmas 2011!!



Well..I'm really behind this year on sending out our blog, Christmas cards and so on. I was planning to get everything done early this week but I did something to my back and I have been out of commision the past couple of days. It's no fun but on the bright side I have an amazing husband and six awesome kids to help take care of things and God is teaching me yet again to have peace and trust him in the midst of chaos!

Peace seems to have been the theme for 2011. I'm learning what a weapon peace can be! When you really trust God and know that he is in control what is there to be afraid or anxious over? A few weeks ago I was stressing over Christmas and all the things we needed when Lauren asked if she could pray for me. She said "Mom, you just need to trust God!" I said "I'm trying!" Her response was 'Trying is not Trusting" Ouch! She was right though and when I surrendered everything in my heart to God and determined to trust and be at peace he worked it all out better than I could have by "Trying'!

Here is a little recap of our 2011..
In the begining of the year Blaine was having some pretty fierce headaches. We took him to several doctors and noone could fiqure it out. Then one night I had a really vivid dream and when praying felt that I should take him to an ear, nose and throat doctor. It turned out he had a mass in his sinus cavity, when the doctor looked back at previous x-rays it was right there but somehow they missed it. The doctors were not sure what it was but found an active infection that if it would have been left untreated could have been very serious. Blaine had surgery, the mass was just what they call a mucus seal. Phew..I'm so thankful for a God that speaks to us and gives Mom's the wisdom and discernment we need for our kids.

At the end of August we moved to Chesterland. My grandmother passed away this year, it was a bitter sweet moment for our family. We were so happy for her to finally go home and be with my grandpa, her two sons, parents and many siblings but my grandparents were such a solid part of our family that they will be dearly missed. With my grandparents home being empty and us needing to move we decided to move in for the year so the kids could go to a good school system and we could take the time to evaluate the jobs and school situations.

Chris has been working like crazy and when he is not working he is studying and taking tests to learn more about computers. He is currently part time at Gymnastics World and part time at IT Corps and also does projects for the Cleveland Clinic and anyone else that may need help with computers. He would like to go full time into IT work so that is our goal and prayer for 2012.

I have been busy raising the kids and going to ministry school. Lauren, Blaine, Renee and Elijah are all in school so that leaves Owen and Eden at home. Owen is doing the online school and Eden is Mommy's constant playmate and shadow. School is on Sunday's and Mondays in Brunswick so Sunday nights I stay over at my sisters (I'm so blessed to have great sister that has opened her home to me:)) and come home late Monday nights. Chris, my Mom and Lauren pick up the slack on Sunday's and Mondays which I really appreciate! I love ministry school, I'm learning so much and about my faith, the bible and myself! After I graduate I will be taking Lauren to Mozambique for a couple weeks and then I plan to continue on to the second year of ministry school. The driving back and forth to school and church is not easy but it's a sacrifice that is so worth it!

Lauren is a senior this year!! I can't believe it! She actually had enough credits to graduate a little early but she really wanted the senior year experiance and is having fun taking classes like Latin, honors English and photography. If you have seen any of her photography you can see how talented she is. Lauren is really growing into an amazing young woman, I'm so proud and honored to be her mom! She is involved in key club, big brothers big sisters and youth group. She plans to attend North Central Bible College in Minnesota this fall to study, multicultural studies and languages. Her goal is to be a missionary to Africa. This summer will be her first trip to Africa and she is so excited, as am I!

Blaine is a sophmore this year and man has he grown! He works out every day and is a tremendous help around the house. He is doing really well in school this year and is applying for a program to study emergency medical training and firefighting. I think this is a perfect fit for him and I'm so excited to see where God takes him as he pursues emergency medicine. He has mentioned taking a year to go to ministry school after he graduates.

Owen is also growing like crazy. He started working out this year and I don't think it will take him long to catch up to Chris and Blaine. Owen is doing well at home this year. He still loves to draw and is forming quite a collection of art work. He is also involved in the youth group at church and plays on the youth worship team. He loves to drum and would still like a full drum kit, I would be ok with an electric drum set but I guess thats not the same. ;)

Renee is as cheerful and beautiful as ever! She is now in 6th grade. I was more nervous on her first day of school than she was, for no reason of course! She has made numerous friends and loves school! Renee is also a big help around the house, Eden tends to be her shadow at times but I don't think Renee minds much at all. Renee is also continuing her piano lessons with Aunt Laraine and she still visits Aunt Patty in the nursing home.

Elijah started school for the first time this year. He is in second grade and doing very well. We found out in the begining of the year that he has a pretty significant stigmatism and needed glasses. It's been an adjustment for him but the day he got his glasses he started to read everything. Poor guy had no idea there was something wrong with his eyes until he started seeing two of everything. Elijah is still doing gymnastics and had his first meet of the season a couple weeks ago. He did great! He actually had his best pommel horse/mushroom routine ever!

Eden is as always a joy! She is two and a half, yet has a mind of a four year old. From the beginiing her doctor told us to be prepared! She keeps the whole family amused and entertained with her creative thinking and fun antics. Just this week she got into Renee's make-up when she was suppose to be napping, when Chris heard her and peeked in she immediately pretended to be asleep. As I write she is laying in her bed singing " Oh Christmas Tree..Oh Christmas Tree.." It's so much fun having a little princess around!

Chris and I are really looking forward to the next year and next season coming in 2012. In March we will become parents of an official adult and soon after watch as she graduates and goes off to college. In August we will both turn the big...ok nevermind. This is going to be a year full of new beginnings, new seasons, advancment and much more. It's going to be great!! I pray that 2012 is a year full of blessings for you as well.

Hoping you all have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Love,
The Tollons
Chris, Danielle, Lauren, Blaine, Owen, Renee, Elijah & Eden

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful update- your family is amazing, and God is doing great things in all of you and through you! Thank you for sharing!
~Heather Mason

Kristen said...

Your family is beautiful and amazing and you are so blessed! Merry Christmas, Danielle!