Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!



Are you ready for Christmas?? It's funny how we spend so much time and effort preparing for one day. I hope that you take the time to enjoy your family, relax, and most of all thank God for the reason behind the season. The birth of our Savior Jesus Christ!

Here is a recap of The Tollon bunch 2010:

Lauren is now a junior in high school with a very full schedule, pre-calculus, psychology, honors English to name a few. She has her temps but no drivers license yet. She is a student leader at Bethel Cleveland's youth group and she helps in the nursery. She still does quite a bit of baby sitting (and not just for me). Lauren has become very passionate about missions to Africa, her and I will be taking a trip to Mozambique, Africa with Iris Ministries at the end of July. Lauren plans to attend a three month mission school with Iris ministries in Mozambique the summer after she graduates. She is looking into a mission minded college, currently, we have been looking at North Central in Minnesota. I can't believe she will be an adult in less than a year and a half, I'm so proud of the young woman she has become. I am frequently amazed and often wonder "Where did this child come from?". If you don't already know this I became pregnant with Lauren right before my twenty first birthday, Chris and I were not married. Lauren is testimony of God's grace and redemptive power!

Blaine seems to have suddenly gone from a young boy to a young man overnight! This summer I looked at him and suddenly realized he's got some big guns on him :)! He is usually the one I drag along on big grocery trips, he has been doing the P90X workout for a year now and it shows. Blaine's goal is to be able to beat Chris at arm wrestling.:) This February he will be getting his temps and before long I will have two drivers, Yikes! Blaine is also a student leader with Bethel Cleveland youth and he is a part of the Bethel Kids ministry team.

Owen is an official teenager! He was anxiously waiting to be old enough to be a part of the youth group at Bethel Cleveland. Owen still loves to drum and plays a bongo for the youth worship team, He also loves to draw and he is extremely good at it too. Owen took some art and drama classes, he will probably take more class once ski (snowboarding) season is over.

Renee turned eleven this year,She has faced quite a bit this year with migraine headaches, the total alopecia and then being diagnosed with Hashiomoto's but despite it all she is still as joyful and fun as ever! Renee is still taking piano lessons each week and goes to the nursing home to visit Aunt Patti. For Renee's birthday this year she got her own keyboard and plays all the time! We are looking forward to hear her play Christmas carols for us tomorrow night. Renee also loves to read, it's funny but there are times I have to pry her away from reading to do her chores.

Elijah, my little boy is not so little anymore :(, He is seven and a strong, solid guy! Elijah is doing very well with gymnastics, he was so excited to get his round-off back handspring this summer. Elijah's first meet is coming up in January and I'm very excited to see all that he can do. Elijah is not one to talk and talk but when he does say something it's always sure to make you smile. A couple days ago he said to Lauren " Lauren, you know that God gave you a whole life to do all the things he put in your heart to do!" I love Elijah's sensitivity and innocence, he is in first grade and is doing really well.

Eden Joy..oh what a joy she is :) She is 20 months old and full of curiosity and a bit of stubbornness. Eden is very smart and inquisitive and it's a lot of fun teaching her new things and watching her explore. It's been a little sad for me to see her want to go and do so quickly. I would love to keep her my sweet, cuddly little baby but she has her own ideas. Eden loves all of her brothers and sisters and knows all their different strengths and weakness's and uses that to her full advantage. After celebrating her three siblings fall birthdays Eden has come to realize what birthdays are all about and is very excited to celebrate Jesus's birthday. I think we are all looking forwards to seeing Christmas through her eyes.

Chris is one busy guy lately, he is currently working three jobs! Chris is coaching boys gymnastics at Gym World, working part-time for Mason Works and working for the Cleveland Clinic department of Education. Chris has learned so much this year when it comes to computers and doors have been opening up for him which is really exciting! Chris is also a part of a men's ministry group that meet weekly through phone conferencing. Men these days face a lot of pressures and it's really important for them to have one another to encourage, support and hold one another accountable. I'm really proud of Chris and all that he has accomplished this past year, I'm really excited to see where this next year is going to take him.

This has been a very busy and sometimes overwhelming year for me. I often find myself trying so hard to be supermom and then becoming discouraged when I realize I just can't do it all. Homeschooling five children while taking care of a toddler and trying to keep the house clean, laundry done and everyone fed can be quite a task! We have also had a lot of trips to doctors and unpleasant experiences with health issues and such. I have learned so much about myself and have come to a place of surrender in many areas. I also feel like I have more joy and hope than ever before. Chris and I plan to move closer to our church this summer and we will be enrolling the kids back into public school. I am also looking forward to the trip to Mozambique, I'm a little nervous about leaving the other kids but I know that God is going to do something great in both Lauren and I. Even though things are chaotic and hectic sometimes I have a peace that surpasses all understanding. I'm learning more and more each day about my heavenly Father and about who he has made me to be. I love the life he has given me, I love being a Mom and seeing God work in each one of my children. I love the friends and family God has placed in our lives and I pray that each one of you have a wonderful Christmas, may God's presence be felt all around you as you celebrate this special day. I also pray that this upcoming year would be full of peace, healing and that each day God would show you how special you are and that you would experience his love in a fresh way.

Love,
Danielle & the rest of the Tollon bunch!

No comments: